Has anyone heard about these

It's Me 14:49 01 Nov 04

I have just received two Emails from a neighbour about two seemingly vicious virus (ie or is it es?)
Are they old stuff, rubbish or what?

If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person, saying that, he or she is a company engineer, or telling that they ' rechecking
your mobile line, and you have to press # 90 or #09 or any other number.

End this call immediately without pressing any numbers.

There is a fraud company using a device that once you press 90 or #09 they can access your "SIM " card and make calls at your expense.
Forward this message to as many friends as you can, to stop it.

VERY IMPORTANT WARNING ALSO

Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation "Life is beautiful. pps" . If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately.

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: "It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful " , subsequently LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti-virus Software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself "life owner " .

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon (21 October 2004) by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed.

This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.

This virus acts in the following manner:
It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title: "A Card For You".
As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot.
When the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys or the Reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk.

Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York, according to news broadcast by CNN.

This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.

So don't open any mails with the subject: "A Virtual Card For You" or "A Card For You".

As soon as you get the mail, delete it ! Even if you know the sender !!

I have no idea what all these are about, but since I've not noticed any mention here, I thought I should mention it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:52 01 Nov 04

The phone one is an old hoax click here

The virtual card thingy is a hoax as well......click here

G

recap 14:58 01 Nov 04

One thing to note here about Microsoft they WILL NOT send you an email. If you get one stating that it is from Microsoft delete it.

It's Me 15:00 01 Nov 04

Many thanks. I guessed it was all too much, but I couldn't find any references.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…