Has anyone come across SSSL.EXE

JCT 14:57 25 Jul 03

Running Windows 98SE.

Recently had problems with Internet Explorer going to sites I'd no interest in, and resetting my home page to naff portals etc.

Had a look at my Startup Programs and found SSSL.EXE had appeared in Windows\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Don't know if this is the culprit, but I opened two Explorer windows and tried to move it to disabled startup programs, and it said I couldn't move it because Windows was using it. Then tried Msconfig/Startup tab and cleared the check box beside SSSL, but after restarting PC, it was re-enabled. File Properties tells me sweet FA.

I've searched various help sites without success.
Can anyone tell me what this file is, and how to disable or get rid of it? - PLEASE!

Jester2K II 15:04 25 Jul 03

Try running AdAware click here

and

Spybot click here

JCT 15:55 08 Aug 03

Thanks, Jester. I'd already run AdAware, but I tried SpyBot as well - didn't help.

I subsequently found out I'd got the Bugbear.B virus, which I've now got rid off.

Jester2K II 16:12 08 Aug 03

Sorry for the mis-diagnosis. Thought of Adware because of the changing Home Page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…