Has anyone come across SSSL.EXE

JCT 14:57 25 Jul 03

Running Windows 98SE.

Recently had problems with Internet Explorer going to sites I'd no interest in, and resetting my home page to naff portals etc.

Had a look at my Startup Programs and found SSSL.EXE had appeared in Windows\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Don't know if this is the culprit, but I opened two Explorer windows and tried to move it to disabled startup programs, and it said I couldn't move it because Windows was using it. Then tried Msconfig/Startup tab and cleared the check box beside SSSL, but after restarting PC, it was re-enabled. File Properties tells me sweet FA.

I've searched various help sites without success.
Can anyone tell me what this file is, and how to disable or get rid of it? - PLEASE!

Jester2K II 15:04 25 Jul 03

Try running AdAware click here

and

Spybot click here

JCT 15:55 08 Aug 03

Thanks, Jester. I'd already run AdAware, but I tried SpyBot as well - didn't help.

I subsequently found out I'd got the Bugbear.B virus, which I've now got rid off.

Jester2K II 16:12 08 Aug 03

Sorry for the mis-diagnosis. Thought of Adware because of the changing Home Page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…