hardware/software compatability to Vista

braiman 11:08 01 Apr 08

I have a lexmark Z52 printer which lexmark say that there is not a driver for Vista. I was hoping to pass this printer on to a young relative who has a laptop with Vista home premium as its os.Is it worth trying for compatability or am I wasting my time? I do not wish to cause a problem with the laptop. Rgds Braiman

AlanHo 11:26 01 Apr 08

Found this on a web forum

Included Vista Drivers
A number of drivers (referred to as in-box drivers) are shipped with Vista (see list below). If you have one of these printers and plan to use it in Vista, simply plug the printer in and the driver will be installed. NOTE: Because these drivers are pre-installed by Microsoft in Windows Vista, support for the drivers will be handled through Microsoft.
Lexmark Z11
Lexmark Z12
Lexmark Z22 & Z32
Lexmark Z31
Lexmark Z42
Lexmark Z51
Lexmark Z52

braiman 15:08 01 Apr 08

Alanho,many thanks for you reply and help, I shall see my grandson tomorrow (Wednesday) and we will try the printer with his laptop and hope for success. It seems a waste to junk a perfectly good printer when he could make use of it.
many thanks once again Rgds Braiman

bmccahon 21:43 12 Sep 08

Yesterday I came across your Jan. 4th question regarding your old printer. I would very much appreciate learning if when you saw your grandson on Jan 5th your Z52 Lexmark printer worked on his laptop? After 8 years using a Dell desktop, Me OS. which was shipped with a Z52, I am considering purchasing a new Dell and would like to continue using present printer. Was unable to get definitive answer from Dell even after I mentioned that drivers are pre-installed by Microsoft for the Z52 in Windows Vista. Thanks very much for any information you can provide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…