Hardware upgrade advice sought

NS42 18:06 20 Dec 04

I have a Mesh PC equipped with a 1Ghz AMD Athlon processor, 1152mb SDRAM (I've added 2 x 512mb to the original 128mb) and and NVidia Geforce2 Graphics Card on an ASUS A7V133 mobo.

I now run Windows XP.

I play some games, but nothing 'cutting edge'. I'm chiefly into comat flight sims and have Microsoft Combat flight Sims 1 and 2, as well as IL2 Sturmovik. Thinking of getting Microsoft Combat flight Sim 3.

What would represent cost effective upgrades? A friend has suggested an NVidia FX5200 256mb Graphics Card (although apparently my 4x AGP port won't allow the full benefit of the card's 8x AGP).

Friend has also suggested a processor upgrade. I've no idea what my mobo can take, and while a graphics card can just be whipped in, I'm very wary about changing a processor. My level of technical expertise is low - but I can follow clear instructions and don't consider myself hamfisted!

Thanks for any advice.

Androcles 18:24 20 Dec 04

NS42, why don,t you have a read of this:-click here
Google Search: asus a7v133 motherboard Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…