Hardware for transferring data

John Ross 13:40 28 Dec 05

I appreciate advice.
I need to back up perhaps 15Gb of data : e.g. photoimages, work documents etc.
I have tried to do this across a home nework, but cannot do this consistently, perhaps due to incompatability of Windows systems. Also, I need to transfer to and from a work owned Dell X-1 laptop on which wireless is disabled, and ethernet locked to the work network alone.
Iwonder what is the best means of transferring the data? I have thought of a 2Gb USB pendrive, but it seems a pain. What would you suggest?
How about an external USB powered Hard disk? Will this run on several computers, to be allowed as a means of transferring large folders? If this is the best idea, then can you recommend a model? I guess I don't need a lrage capacity?
Thank you!

recap 15:33 28 Dec 05

An external HD that is capable of storing the full 15Gb of data. click here

As for the work owned laptop, I would suggest that you ask the system administrator for the rights to do this first.

John Ross 23:39 28 Dec 05

Thats good advice, thank you..
Looking at the external HDDs, there are those that take power from the USB, and those with separate mains power cable.
Will any of the the ones that take power from the USB be compatable with my older computers running USB 1.1, or do I have to buy one of the bulkier ones with their own power supply?

thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…