Hardware scan

sebina12 21:38 10 May 07

Hi all,
Would anyone know of any freeware that scans hardware eg motherboard and displays the detailed specifications of the board, like the manufacturer and model etc. I have looked on snapfiles.com and have tried a few of them, but none have details, they all say that the motherboard is unknown. The pc is Compaq Presario 061, Win XP Home version 2002 Service Pk 2, System Type: X86-based PC, Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" (from system info report). If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

MAJ 22:04 10 May 07

SIW. click here

The Kestrel 22:06 10 May 07

What you need is Belarc Advisor whcih you can download from click here . It will give you not only the hardware details for your PC, but the software as well, including any licence keys.

Strawballs 22:06 10 May 07
  MAJ 22:11 10 May 07

Mine also reads Compaq Presario 061, it's a Presario Media Centre SR2019UK though, what do you need for the PC, is it a driver, new memory, etc.?

sebina12 11:02 11 May 07

Thank you everyone for you help. Yes MAJ, it's actually for my friends computer. She has the bare minimum of memory for to run XP Home and getting more memory is the only way forward. I visited Crucial website and the online scan recommends PC2700 SDRAM. It would still be nice for her know more about the mobo. I'm at work at the moment where all download sites are blocked, so I will have to look at those sites later this evening hopefully. Again many thanks and I'll let you know what happens! :) Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…