Hardware Queery on DVD Rom

slimbo51 19:18 05 Mar 04

My DVD player in my comp has just started to do a wally.

On a music CD being inserted sometimes it sounds like its in treble speed for a short period say 1-5 sec and then reverts back to normal and plays rest of disk fine.

Tried 10 or so disks to make sure it wasn't dodgy disk. The main issue is is dosn't do it every time or on the same disk.

Checked the DVD operation and that all works fine with no probs.

Am I right in thinking these Players have dual Lasers in them, one for DVD and one for CD Rom.

Forgot to mention it does not skip tracks on the music CD, just this speed up on first track only.

Any idears please gratefully received.

LastChip 19:35 05 Mar 04

Try using a CD laser cleaner. If your unfamiliar, it's a special CD with a tiny brush attached that cleans the lens as it rotates.

slimbo51 19:47 05 Mar 04

Sorry should have said already tried this Lastchip.

I think the prob is software after all, as I've just tried playing them with real Player and they all work perfectly.

I think a de-install of windows media player is called for, followed by a re-install.

Will close thread off until I've exhausted this route.

Many thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…