Hardware problem.

RomanKShorty 16:34 30 Aug 13

Good day everybody, I have slight problem with my new PC. Everything works just fine except from some random bugs I cannot fix: 1. When I'm talking on Skype, or any IM service for that matter, after about a minute into the conversation on the other end people start to hear a very loud static noise. It doesn't go away until somebody ends the call. There's no problem with the mic or audio drivers. 2. Firefox crashes all the time. 3. In games, especially League of Legends, icons and sprites shake and jitter all over the screen it's really annoying. It happens almost every time and with every game. I played around with the drivers and tried Windows 7 and 8, both ended up with the same bugs. To my knowledge it's a hardware problem. Could anybody advice what part can it be? Thank you.

Here are the specs: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX660 RAM: Kingston Hyper-X 2x4GB DDRIII 1600MHz HDD: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM PSU: 550W OCZ OCZ-ZS550W-EU

rdave13 17:50 30 Aug 13

I had a bit of a problem with the latest GeForce 320.49 driver. It sometimes crashed and recovered a few times. On one instance it played havoc with the mouse arrow graphics. Using the Nvidia GeForce Experience panel I selected to add beta drivers as an update option. Running on the 326.80 beta driver I've had no problems so far. The HD audio driver seems to be OK.

RomanKShorty 18:10 30 Aug 13

I'm 100% sure it's a hardware problem, however, I cannot figure out what part is causing so many bugs. I used Beta drivers as well as Release ones, that didn't help =( Any other ideas?

Woolwell 21:42 30 Aug 13

You may have a graphics card snag (I say may). Try opening Firefox's options and disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available" and see if that stops Firefox crashing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…