hardware or not

User-994545 14:47 14 Jun 07

i am running xp on a hp pavilion and am having trouble with my mouse and keyboard using ps/2 connection.first the bottom letters stopped working then the whole lot,followed by the mouse. i assume its a problem with the ps/2 hardware in the computer.but before i take it to bits is ther anything i should know

keef66 15:43 14 Jun 07

R click My Computer / manage / device manager. Any yellow exclamation marks next to input devices or HID or similar??

User-994545 16:16 14 Jun 07

it says ther are no problems and eyerthing is working.there is still a light on the opical ps/2 mouse but it wont work.i am running mouse and key/boarb of usb, ok

keef66 16:40 14 Jun 07

I'm baffled then. Anyone else out there?

Totally-braindead 16:54 14 Jun 07

I would beg or borrow someone elses mouse and keyboard and try that first.

User-994545 17:16 14 Jun 07

tryed it,got usb keyboard with a ps/2 converter,thats what im using now on usb ,nothing on ps/2 which lead to think something had broke inside the tower.

Totally-braindead 18:27 14 Jun 07

So what you're saying is you have tried another keyboard and mouse on the PS2 connector and its the same, is that correct?

If so then you could try deleting and reinstalling the keyboard and mouse drivers, reinstalling all the motherboard drivers and run system file checker to check for corrupt windows files are reinstate them. click here

If none of them does the trick then it may well be the motherboard itself has a fault.

User-994545 14:35 15 Jun 07

very strange ! sp/2 has started working again ,without rebooting drivers.so i suppose it must be an motherboard fault.so i think ill just live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…