Hardware malfunction and IRQ sharing

CASP2 14:46 29 Sep 04

I have recently installed BFG GeForce FX 5200 256MB -AGP after the failure of my previous nVidia card. Since installation, at start up I get a blue screen stating,

"hardware malfunction please contact vendor."

If I reset the screen disappears on restart.. I have tested the card using the XP wizard and all seems well but have had no success.

I operate Windows XP, Athlon 1700XP chip with 512 mb of DDR PC133 Motherboard is Lex BN790T.

Graphics card manufacturer sent an 11 page e-mail which seems to point to one or two things.

1) The IRQ assigned to Graphics card is IRQ11 which is shared it appears with IEEE1394 Bus Controller. Is this a problem? (Check Microsoft Knowledge Base 314068- re XP and IRQ sharing).

May explain it but not clear.

2) the card itself is faulty.

I am hoping it is 1) otherwise it could be a new motherboard, RAM, CPU .. If a compatible motherboard is required where can I source one that will be the quickest and cheapest solution? Or should I change Graphics Card for PCI?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…