Hardware installation problem

tarmac 15:48 08 Jun 07

I have recently purchased a USB Cable DCU-11 for my K700i mobile. I have installed the disc, and now the computer is installing the cable itself. I get a Windows XP warning box, telling me that the the software does not have a Windows XP testing logo. It is telling me that if I install this, it could destablize the computer, either now or in the future. It gives me two options, which are to 'Install Anyway' or 'Dont install'.

What would you do?

Tarmac

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:17 08 Jun 07

Install Anyway

Its just microsoft annoyed because the manufacture hasn't paid them alot of money to get a license (which means nothing anyway.)

If you do't install the drive you will not be able to connect your phone to the PC.

wee eddie 16:22 08 Jun 07

I don't use the term "M$" without a certain amount of irony.

I gather that they charge a small fortune to Licence Software because it costs them a lot to check it's compatibility.

tarmac 17:05 08 Jun 07

Thx for the responses. If there are any probs I will contact you again.

Tarmac

tarmac 18:42 08 Jun 07

Hi again,

After installing the software after much debate, I now find that when I connect it to my phone to download pictures. When selecting Remote Screen, it tells me that there are no devices found. when I try to open my desktop icon for my phone, an icon appears on the screen saying 'Not connected'.
I have tried two different USB ports, with the same results.

Can anyone help?

ambra4 03:51 15 Jun 07

When you connect the phone into your USB port does windows say found new device and installing if not the USB port is not working or the cable is bad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…