Hardware "Error 39" Camcorder/Camera

Daniel-1227747 19:44 04 Jan 08

Hi All,

I hope someone out there can help me as I'm starting to pull my hair out!

I first noticed this problem about 3 months ago when I bought a new Canon Ixus Digital Camera. When I went to download the camera onto my Acer Laptop with Win XP, it wouldn't recognise it(apart from very briefly the very first time). It kept coming up with a "code 39" driver error. I tried repairing the driver, downloading updates, contacting canon etc etc, and it never got solved, i bought a card reader instead! Problem solved, sort of.

Now I have the exact same thing with a new JVC Camcorder Mini Dv. The camcorder didn't come with a driver, and the instructions are very vague. I'm using a firewire port, cable. I can't find a driver on the net anywhere specifically for this. The computer doesn't recognise the hardware (apart from the first time very briefly when it popped up with "AVC camcorder" found...) when I go through the 'add hardware' wizards etc it has the yellow exclamation mark and an Error 39 device not found/driver not found message.

I have tried everything I can think of and done some searches. Is it a corruption of my computer? Please help!

ICF 08:26 05 Jan 08

Is the firewire port on a PCI card or on the motherboard?

Daniel-1227747 13:56 05 Jan 08

Its a PCI Card, purchased especially for this task. I'm pretty sure it is working ok, my external harddrive connects just fine through it.

ICF 19:48 05 Jan 08

Uninstall the card then reboot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced