Hardware Accessories

sorceror7374 12:24 09 May 04

Half the hardware you buy these days doesn't come with everything necessary to install it. For instance, case fans don't come with screws! To make matters worse, every computer shop I've been to says they don't sell any accessories for installing hardware! Does anyone know of anywhere that sells various accessories or accessory packs that include a number of items? (i.e. Drive screws, fan screws, cable ties, etc.)

Mikè 12:26 09 May 04

Maplins do packs in their shops.

Totally-braindead 12:51 09 May 04

The last 2 or 3 case fans I bought came with screws but perhaps I'm just lucky. The only things I can think of which have come without screws etc are the hard drives, cdroms etc that I've bought but these were OEM products so I didn't expect screws etc to be with them. My local computer shop doesn't sell any screws or related bits either, he will supply you with them ( out of his stock )but only if you've bought the bits from him which I suppose is fair enough from his point of view. Personally I've been building computers for a few years now so I've built up a stock of bits, but for someone whos just started or indeed someone whos just bought a single item it must be very frustrating to buy an item which doesn't have the necessary bits to set it up. I've just had a look and I can't find anywhere that sells screws, bolts etc either. I suppose Maplins would be the place to go as Mikè says. When I started up I bought a load of screws and bolts from my local computer fair but its only on once a month.

pj123 13:50 09 May 04

I build computers (as a freelance) for a local company and all the case fans we use and supply come with fixing screws. (In fact I have found that most Computer Cases come with quite a large bag of all sorts of screws, most of which are not used. So I now have a large box full of various screws to use in the future). Perhaps you should change your supplier? I agree with Totally-braindead that most OEM products don't have anything other than the unit in a plastic bag but some of the OEM products we use do have a little bag with 4 screws in. If you email me your address I will send you bag of assorted screws, (not cable ties though, as even we have to buy those separately).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…