hardware

Josquius 11:40 17 Jun 03

According to 'add new hardware' I have a broken,
Microsoft PPP over ATM Adapter (2 of them)
PCI Universal Serial Bus
and a unknown device
What does the adapter and the serial bus do?
Could any be related to the constant crahing of IE (doubtful) and my non-working microphone?

MichelleC 11:57 17 Jun 03

What os r u?

Terrahawk 11:58 17 Jun 03

ppp over Atm are protocols associated with adsl
i would suggest that you check the drivers are installed correctly

Terrahawk 11:59 17 Jun 03

ooops should say adsl modem drivers

Josquius 12:32 17 Jun 03

I am on win98se
My adsl is working as I'm using it right now.

Terrahawk 13:14 17 Jun 03

right im still thinking adsl at the moment just a couple of things to check though go to control panel then system device manager view devices by type universal serial bus controllers click on the cross to expand and check they are working correctly then click view devices by connection pci bus anything in a yellow circle and a black exclamation mark may have a problem
in the mean time get this back to the top see if any body elses can throw some light on it

^^^^ bump ^^^^

Josquius 17:54 17 Jun 03

I lost what you meant here
by connection pci bus anything in a yellow circle and a black exclamation mark may have a problem
None of the USB things have a yellow circle and black exclamation mark though one of PCI Universal Serial Bus things on the 'add new hardware' does, the other has a red cross.

Josquius 18:47 20 Jun 03

I'm wondering if this could be related to the crashing of online games which seems to be happening a lot with HL and RA2...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…