Hardrive on my freeview box is almost full

RobInnit 06:43 AM 20 Jan 13

Does anyone know how to capture saved recordings from a freview box hardrive onto a a laptop/memory stick, (economically), in order to avoid a massive domestic? Many thanks.

mole1944 06:55 AM 20 Jan 13

Have you thogh of getting an external drive,inconveniant but should be on,other alternatives save your data to the cloud,buy a NAS drive,uofrade your hard drive in the laptop or like me i have space for a seconf drive in my HP machine.

Batch 10:10 AM 20 Jan 13

Depending on what Freeview box it is (go on, give us a hint) you might be able to swap out the existing HDD and install a new one. Then you could try to access the files from elsewhere (but they may not be in a format that is readily playable on PCs etc.).

Alternative is to connect up a DVD recorder to your TV / Freeview box set-up and burn some of the recordings to DVD and then delete from Freeview box.

chub_tor 10:36 AM 20 Jan 13

Click Here for instructions on how to do it with a Humax Freesat HDR - this is what I used. It maybe works with other Humax models.

Chronos the 2nd 11:11 AM 20 Jan 13

Or you could watch some of your recordings and then delete them. I am stunned that you have found enough stuff worth recording on TV to fill up a HDD. I have a PVR and am lucky if I have as much as 5-6 hours of unwatched material and this is of programs recorded over a month.

lotvic 12:45 PM 20 Jan 13

Posted by lotvic

as the poster at 10:10am has said, it depends on the make and model of the Freeview pvr. Humax Freesat are easy to copy to either a usb ext hard drive or usb flash drive. I suggest you look at the manual which should give instructions (but sometimes it takes some working out), and tell us the make and model so we can advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week