Hardrive and DVD Drive upgrade

pb457 17:43 21 Apr 05

I have just installed a new hardrive and a DVD drive into my computer, i already had an existing CD drive and hardrive, i needed to clone my old hard drive. I also installed a TV card. On start up everything is fine, then when i come to imstall my tv card it doesn't pick up the cd drive. I then looked in my computer and it only displays the old hardrive. Ii then checked device manager and it shows it as being there. The computer won't pick up my CD drive so i can't install my hardware, i need help please does anybody know what i can do.

Indigo 1 18:40 21 Apr 05

It might sound obvious, but have you double checked the connections are really secure ?

Don't overlook the obvious, make sure it is in the right way round too. It is difficult to get wrong but.......

Also make sure the power connector (usually white with 4 pins) is live, easiest was is to swap it with one that you know works.

reaths 18:42 21 Apr 05

if you are using win XP you need to format the harddrive in device manager before it shows in
my computer have you set the jumper on the dvd rom and you should have left the cd rom in as well as the dvd rom then you would be able to install software from that

mulva42 18:43 21 Apr 05

This might be a stab in the dark, But seeing nobody else has replied, try cable select on your new drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…