harddrive problems

holly polly 21:15 19 Jul 03

hi ever since i bought this computor i have had problems wsith the harddrive ,shut down properly yesterday ,fired up today -scandisc came up improper shutdown checking disc for errors ,tried doing a standard scandisc could not suggest thorough,this i did after shutting down all programs screensaver etc scandisc got to within of 23100 of end of checking clusters and then froze the harddrive has been reformatted a number of times windows is fully updated with the patches from microsoft yet when my harddrive reaches a certain capacity the scandisc reports errors,is my harddrive had it or caN I REPAIR IT ,ALL ANSWERS AS USUAL GREATFULLY RECIVED ,CHEERS -HOL POL...

madPentium 21:28 19 Jul 03

If you go to the manufacturers web site for your hard drive, they usually have good testing software which you download for their products. Also, a lot of the time if there is a problem it fixes it. If there is a problem with it, bin it. It isnt worth the aggrovation or the risk to keep in onboard.

Rayuk 21:32 19 Jul 03

Dont you mean RMA it under warranty if possible

holly polly 21:56 19 Jul 03

harddrive doin me head in ,resolved myself to get a new drive thinking about a maxtor 120 gig ,what do you chaps reccomend?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…