Harddisk & power light LED connectors

Newuser246 02:31 01 Jan 03
  Newuser246 02:31 01 Jan 03

Does anybody know where i can obtain the connectors,to attach h/disk & power light L.E.Ds to the motherboard.
Thanks
Steve

deltaflyer 02:40 01 Jan 03

try click here provide lots of electrical goodies for p.c.'s

Newuser246 11:18 01 Jan 03

Tried Maplins-NO luck

DieSse 12:27 01 Jan 03

Any local computer shop is bound to have an old scrap case or two they would give you some connectors from. I've got loads (but then, I'm in Spain, so that ain't much help, sorry).

Gongoozler 12:37 01 Jan 03

Newuser246, the prpoblem with buying these connectors is that they are so cheap and there is such a variety of them that it is not economical for the average retailer to stock them. The other problem is that they are generally crimp connectors so you would need a crimper to fit them, and the tool would be many times the cost of the connector. So we need to look at some options.

The place professional engineers would buy the connector would be somewhere like Farnell. click here They sell a wide variety of 2.54mm pitch sockets that would do the job and they usuall will sell to the public against a credit card, but there is probably a minimum order charge that would make this uneconomical unless you need large quantities. Another option is to buy an internal audio cable of the kind that is used to connect the cd-rom to the audio card. This is usually also 2.54mm pitch and so should fit. You may need to cut it down to 2 sockets to fit. Another alternative is to remove some connectors from an old computer as suggested by DieSse.

siouxah1 14:40 01 Jan 03

Newuser246,

Just a suggestion.If all else fails. Try your local model aircraft/car shop. They should sell leads and plugs for radion controlled model servos and batteries. They are similar and might be worth a try if all else fails. They are usually 4 or 2 lead connectors but I'm sure you could adapt.

Regards Brian

graham 15:41 01 Jan 03

This is in England and they are very helpful.

click here

Newuser246 20:25 01 Jan 03

Thank you all for your suggestions,i will follow them up.
Steve

BlueMeanie 17:18 02 Jan 03

Hi NewUser246.

I've got some sound card cables (as mentioned above) with four pin connectors at each end - just cut them in half to make a two pin lead - with some sharp scissors or a craft knife.

email me with your address - use the yellow envelope icon and i will put them in an envelope to you - you should get them in a couple of days.

Newuser246 17:40 02 Jan 03

Thank you BlueMeanie,for your advice & offer to send the sound card cable.
I have emailed my address to you.
Thank you again
Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…