harddisk drive

pat2068 00:35 24 Dec 03

when i try to burn any disks i get errors it is now tell me to replace the harddisk drive could anyone tell me what disk it is is it my harddrive or my cdrom drive or my burner as the pc is still under warrenty and i would lke some advice before i go back to pc world thanks leo

critic-al 01:11 24 Dec 03

Hi mate, sorry your having problems, but could you please READ your post question and repost your problem again along with more details about your system and all the error message exactly as they show,and we shall do our up-most to point you in the right direction.help us to help you.

pat2068 14:58 24 Dec 03

: Windows Operating System
ID: 7
Source: Disk
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: IO_ERR_BAD_BLOCK

The device has a bad block of memory, which Windows attempted to read. The data might be missing or corrupted.

User Action
If this event is logged regularly, replace the hard disk drive.

i have had this 10 times could someone please try and tell me which drive it ia telling me to replace thanks leo

pat2068 15:25 24 Dec 03

bump

MichelleC 15:27 24 Dec 03

Ok, when you're burning (which prog, Nero?) you get an error message, is that right? What os are you, and is this the only prob?

Lozzy 15:28 24 Dec 03

please supply operating system processor type and size Ram installed type make and version of burning software your using also type of CD's. The more info the better

Rennaissance 15:28 24 Dec 03

have you tried burning any file at all, and does the burn process actually start. I.e. do you have a lot of coasters lying around.

critic-al 15:30 24 Dec 03

could you download AIDA32 FROM..click here
And once its setup run report and save it.then let me know once you have done this ,

pat2068 15:33 24 Dec 03

i have dozens of coasters lying around it win xp2.2ghz amd it dosent only happen when burning it happens with my camera and printer software disks i am using sony disks i have used nero and media player i have put it on to the hd but i still get the same error thanks leo

Lozzy 15:38 24 Dec 03

When you run scan disk do you get or see any bad sectors?? If yes how many

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now