hard drives

tetly 13:09 23 Apr 04

I have an old hard drive which i want to put in my pc anyone tell me how to go about this it still has xp on it so would like to erase all the programs on the drive so i can use the extra space .
tetly

pmjd 13:32 23 Apr 04

Fairly easy
If you are simply going to add it in to an existing computer make sure it is either added as a slave drive (usually change the jumpers on the back)and plugged in to the same ide cable as your current hard drive
or
plug it in with an ide cable of it's own to the secondary ide controller on your motherboard (usually next to and identical to where the ide cable from your original hard drive is plugged in)

Once it is in, switch on your computer and wait for windows to recognise it, if it isn't there check the cables or maybe you need to change a few bios settings.

When windows "sees" it simply right click on the drive icon and choose "format" option. This will wipe the disk clean and allow you to use it as free space

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…