hard drive+ xp home oem

oldnovice 14:19 09 Oct 04

I am replacing my hard drive on my old pc and would like to change my o/s to xp home is ok to use a oem version as it is cheaper than retail or will i have problems dont really understand what the differance between the two are apart from price. thankyou Dave

bremner 14:34 09 Oct 04

There is no difference only the price and the fact that your support for XP OEM will come from your supplier and not Microsoft.

oldnovice 17:26 09 Oct 04

thanks Bremner what support?

mosfet 18:25 09 Oct 04

Helpline support.But you have all the help you could wish for right here.Buy the oem,I did.

Dorsai 18:39 09 Oct 04

I got OEM. Was cheaper by far than a full retail version.

As for support, You have already found the best place to get it, and it is not at a premium rate phone call.

Also many more bods, with more knowledge, giving the support that a bloke in an office (doing his 9 to 5) , running through a fault finding flow chart. (what if thge Fix to your problem is not in the box at the end of his logic tree?)..

IMO.

oldnovice 19:54 09 Oct 04

thanks Les2 dorsai

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…