hard drive write protection

menotaclue 18:24 24 May 10

I have just bought a laptop and it as a hidden drive partition (x: drive)for vista recovery. when i try and format, it says it is write protected. how do i remove the write protection on the drive. can anyone help? please

rawprawn 18:45 24 May 10

You can format it by reinstalling your

rawprawn 18:46 24 May 10

I did not mean to post that "Sticky fingers"

ronalddonald 22:17 24 May 10

if you acronis this might find the file and be able to reformat from there

Ashrich 22:31 24 May 10

Whip the drive out , stick it in a caddy and format it using Windows Explorer in a different machine .

Ashley

Ashrich 22:38 24 May 10

Forgot to add , make sure that the second PC you use has hidden files and folders made visible so you can see both partitions , then merge them using Disk Management ( Right click Computer/manage/services/storage/disk management )

Ashley

Ashrich 22:38 24 May 10

Forgot to add , make sure that the second PC you use has hidden files and folders made visible so you can see both partitions , then merge them using Disk Management ( Right click Computer/manage/services/storage/disk management )

Ashley

menotaclue 22:22 25 May 10

Thankyou for your replies, this as resolved the problem for me. Thanyou

menotaclue 03:02 27 May 10

I have just installed my Vista operating System onto the c: drive and now i would like to merge the recovery partition of 11gb with it. the partition as been deleted by myself, and is not displayed in My Computer folder, but when i use the command prompt and a software application called Active boot, i can see the recovery partition. x: drive. i have looked on the internet for answers but not found any that works. does anyone know of any way to resolve this.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…