Hard drive Whistling Dixie..!

Giantsquid 22:07 12 Jan 05

Hello all,

Over the last 4 months or so my hard drive has been getting more noisy by the day, now it's performing a rock and roll number every time I turn on, so I reckon it about to go bang.

Aldi are stocking a new hard drive round our way tomorrow priced at £79:99

the spec is:
250 GB
7200 RPM
2 MB CACH
80 GB PER PALLAT
ULTRA ATA/100

Does the forum think this is ok for the price ?

thanks for the help,

Diodorus Siculus 22:13 12 Jan 05

Pretty good value by the look of it; a 2mb cache is low (usually 8mb) but not really noticeable in general use.

Being able to go into the shop, pick it up and take it home is good.

Diodorus Siculus 22:15 12 Jan 05

western digital 250 gb : Buy at the best price on Kelkoo -
click here=

have a look at similar items.

Giantsquid 22:22 12 Jan 05

D Siculus,

thanks for that, I thought it was good value, I thought that the 2mb cach was a little low, maybe it is a mistake on the Aldi website, as it is always good comp stuff from there.

What is the best way to install XP ? I have a disc and do I need to unplug everything and then slowly reintroduce, printer, scanner and all ?

thanks again.

Diodorus Siculus 22:25 12 Jan 05

Windows XP Home Install Guide
click here

Windows XP Home Install, Reinstall, upgrade, parallel install, and compatibility
click here

spuds 00:11 13 Jan 05

The weekly Aldi instore flyer doe's state 2mb cache.But the added advantages of the harddrive is the Fluid Dynamic Bearings [noice sensitive and much quieter] and a three year manufacturers warranty.

Giantsquid 07:15 13 Jan 05

Yes you are right, and as far as Aldi goes most of the consumer goods in our house come from Aldi, and also the no quibble return policy cannot be beaten in my book, I have had 2 computers from Aldi and they have been the best I have ever had.

Looks like they will take another £79 quid again this week !

thanks,

spuds 17:43 13 Jan 05

Nipped into the local Aldi this afternoon. Couldn't find any hard drives, Tevion TV Tuner Cards or the Samsung Dual Layer DVD Burners plus the Exercise Bike.Store very busy, so I was unable to ask any assistants about the situation.Possibly a late delivery to this store, as it as happened before. They had all the other 'flyer'items in stock.There was also a high stock on display of Gericom 15" TFT's.

Giantsquid 18:51 13 Jan 05

I got the 2nd last hard drive in our local today...and that was only 10 30 am so they must have shifted some, every Thursday around here they get hit big time with folk, so if it's worth it I get here early doors,
take care,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…