Hard Drive Speaker advice

JHart90 13:39 22 Feb 16

Hi all,

I own a 500gb Seagate external hard drive that I use to store all my music; ripped from cds, downloaded, all sorts. I'm not too fussed about creating a 'home network' for my music, although I have heard I can plug the drive into a router to do something along these lines. What I AM after however is a speaker, up to around the £50 mark, that I can plug the drive directly in to, that will play all the music on the drive, without the need for using a laptop or tablet etc. I'm not sure if sure a device exists/is feasible for that price, but any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jack

wee eddie 16:50 22 Feb 16

You need a Computer to read the Hard Drive and convert what it reads into a format that the Speakers can use. The Speakers will also need to be able to amplify this signal to produce any sound that you can hear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…