Hard Drive Space Gone Missing

redbarron 16:37 06 Dec 10

I seem to have lost about 19GB of hard drive space.

I've checked all my folders to make sure I haven't any large downloads hanging about and also add/remove to see what is listed there out of the ordinary. So far I cannot see what could be eating this amount of hard drive space.

Could it possibly be a section of the hard drive is faulty. My PC is very old (10yrs)with original hard drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 06 Dec 10

Why do you think you have lost the space?

What size drive?

what size is it showing?

redbarron 16:53 06 Dec 10

55.9GB

Win XP Pro - Service Pack2

GaT7 16:57 06 Dec 10

Lots of advice to follow in this similar recent thread click here.

Start with the first few suggestions there & see where it gets you. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 06 Dec 10

What size should it be?

redbarron 17:07 06 Dec 10

Around 27GB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:53 06 Dec 10

click here this will show what is using the space

redbarron 10:53 07 Dec 10

I ran the SequoiaView program but nothing/results are displaying after it has finished running the program.

redbarron 10:36 09 Dec 10

I ran CC cleaner again this morning and also registry cleaner, and hey presto my missing hard drive space is back.

Strange how it didn't come back the first time I ran it though. Saying that, I didn't run the registry part of CC cleaner last time so perhaps that's where the problem was. Anyway all OK now.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…