Hard Drive Space Dissapearing!!!

sidewinder e3 17:16 23 Sep 04

I have a MESH which I bought in DEC it has been a dream, but 5 days ago I installed kaspersky anit virus, but yesterday i was looking at my HDD free space and it was 97GB and today it is 91GB, what could be using all this a space?

rusty 20:30 23 Sep 04

Hi Sidewinder e3

I had a similar problem last week, and my problem turned out to be tmpfiles (5.5 gig) of them.

Try doing a search for *.tmp using” Advanced options” ”Date” last 6 days and show Hidden files.

Hope this helps you

Rusty

sidewinder e3 15:25 24 Sep 04

the "munching" has sped up , now 100 mb per sec, i am now defraging, and i cant stop it going down

SANTOS7 15:33 24 Sep 04

Found this on another forum it may help

Disk space for deleted files is not truly freed until after the last open handle to the file is closed. So, it's possible that some task is continually writing to to a file that another has deleted.

Start>run>msconfig

You can disable many programs that are TSR (Terminate and stay resident) right there and reactivate them later. The well known programs such as Norton don't cause problems.

My suggestion is to go this route and leave ony the really credible programs up and running. If the problem goes away then reactivate one program at a time until you find the culprit.

sidewinder e3 23:29 24 Sep 04

If I were to restore my pc to the 10/09, before SP2 and before my newer anti virus, would it free up taken disc space and would it reinstall AVG?

sidewinder e3 23:30 24 Sep 04

If I were to restore my pc to the 10/09, before SP2 and before my newer anti virus, would it free up taken disc space and would it reinstall AVG?

sidewinder e3 15:21 25 Sep 04

i used anti spyware and it returned 10 of taked HDD space, but now it has started to drop again, i dont know what else could be taking up all this space, even when the pc is not connected to the internet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…