Hard Drive Shredder

meater 14:56 18 Sep 04

Please can somebody help me with shredders, I will be getting rid of a Computer which has got personel information on the Hard Drive which I want to make so nobady can recover it.
What is a good reliable Shredder to buy?

From Meater

Cuddles 15:09 18 Sep 04

Go to hard drive makers website, download diagnostics and zero fill the harddrive or use Evidence Eliminator which also zero fills the drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:14 18 Sep 04

File erasers :-
Eraser click here
Ultrawipe click here
SuperShredder click here

jack 15:19 18 Sep 04

what do you mean by 'shredder'
A data removal program or physical destruction?

Essentially there is no way data can be removed from a hard drive , reformatting a drive, is not secure because there is 'unformat' software avilable to those with evil intent.
Other tpes of programe will 'delete' the data then overwirte the whole drive with rubbish, thus any 'recovery' operation will only turn up the newly written rubbish
The best way of all is to take the drive out of the machine and phyically smash it with a large hammer.

Cuddles 20:52 18 Sep 04

The Ministry Of Defence zero fill to eradicate data, so if it is good enough for them!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…