hard drive setup

jimmer409? 15:58 23 Nov 03

just bought and installed a new maxtor diamondmax 40g drive, came with nothing but the drive, installed ok, auto detected ok, cannot format, downloaded maxblast3 for windows from the maxtor site but when i install it and than try to reboot, says maxblast has encountered an error and must close???? please please will someone tell me how to format the drive.

leo49 16:01 23 Nov 03

Just checking - when you say installed Maxblast you did install it to floppy by running the .exe and then booting from that floppy,didn't you?

jimmer409? 16:20 23 Nov 03

leo 49 i am not a computer guru, and can't get to grips with DOS, if you go to the maxtor site for model 6e040l0, you can download maxblast3 (1.77m) or maxblast3 for windows 3.4m have both, made a boot floppy, but do not understand the dos commands, also can't understand why the copy of mb3 for windows that i copied to a cd will not run correctly, DOES ANYONE please have the original maxblast installation cd that they can emial to me.

AL D. 16:29 23 Nov 03
  leo49 16:51 23 Nov 03

With the floppy you created using the Maxblast3 [1.77]download in the drive,reboot your PC.After various stuff has loaded it'll ask whether to run from floppy or CDRom. Hit "F" then <Enter>

Then follow the instructions.

jimmer409? 17:52 23 Nov 03

thanks leo, now have the drive up and running, but it did not push it to D drive, assigned J??, renamed maxtor, icon in my computer, able to send files to and run, still can't run the maxblaster3 cd-rom, would someone please send me a copy.

leo49 18:06 23 Nov 03

I'm curious - why do you want or think you need the Maxblaster CDROM?

Depending on your OS the drive can easily be re-lettered.

jimmer409? 18:23 23 Nov 03

leo supposedly the cdrom has all sorts of programs on it that allow you to copy the complete existing c drive, etc, just miffed that i can't seem to get a clean copy. as far as i am concerned, it should have came with the hard drive.

leo49 18:29 23 Nov 03

You can download the ISO from Maxtor,here,and burn it yourself.

click here

R4 18:45 23 Nov 03

Is your Bios set for CD rom Boot? .. But why do you want the Cd if you have the Floppy

You should ne able to alter your rive letter in system properties.

R4 18:45 23 Nov 03

sorry:--

rive =Drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…