Hard Drive Replacement

rabbitrabbit 19:30 06 Jan 05

ok here goes. my current settings : master hard drive = 40GB. slave hard drive = 80GB. i have a new 120GB hard drive to replace the existing master. how can i go about doing this without losing any of my current windows settings and configurations? i don't want to have to go through the hassle of settings up windows again onto my 120GB hard drive. thanx

TomJerry 19:41 06 Jan 05

connect your new drive

suppose windows is installed in C: and new dirve is install on D:, just run te following two commands

xcopy32.exe /c/h/e/k C:*.* D:

sys D:

swap drive over after this, you are done

I have to say that I did not use this method, because I use True Image or Ghost, or Command Clone task.

By the way, you can go to your new HDD manufacturer's web site to download a software for what you want to do

rabbitrabbit 19:56 06 Jan 05

hmm, ok i'm not sure exactly what i'm looking for on the Maxtor website. don't know what kind of program would be used to perform this task.

oh, and i had no idea how to do those commands either! hehe. i'm only a beginner at all this :P

zanwalk 21:48 06 Jan 05

I have a cover disk version of this type of software which I will happily mail to you for free. Email me (click on yellow envelope next to my name) if you are interested.

TomJerry 12:41 07 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…