Hard Drive Repair Software

SmiffyRebel 13:47 30 Apr 03

Helllo can anyone out there suggest a good harddrive repair program that boots from a floppy. My hardrive is recognised by the BIOS and fdisk but when I try to create a partition using fdisk it seems to get stuck while checking the drives integrity e.g. it does not move off 0% even though the hard drive is being accessed( according to the H/D light on the front panel) I think that the problem may be with the MBR or a low level format may cure it but I do not have the software to do this.
Thanks A Lot

DieSse 13:57 30 Apr 03

Bear in mind that no software can repair a faulty drive - merely one that has certain corrutions.

Go the the web site for your HDD manufacturer, and you will find the appropriate software. Look for Diagnostics/Zero fill (sometimes erroneously called low-level format).

Seagate have Seatools - Maxtor have MaxBlast, and IBM also have one - others you will have to look for.

woodchip 14:15 30 Apr 03

You could also try start with floppy and type FDISK/MBR see if that work's it mite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…