Hard Drive Recognition

jjgall26 10:52 25 Jul 09

Hi, I have a 320gb hard drive on a caddy hoping to mirror my laptop drive. It is recognised in devices but not in My Computer. I want to format this drive before mirroring and the question is how do I find it to format. Thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:04 25 Jul 09

start-control panel-admin tools-computer management-storage-disk management and you should be able to see the drives. Right click on a drive that is 'hidden' and select change drive letter/paths...select any other letter preferably from the end of the alphabet..press ok and the disk should appear in my computer..try another letter if it is still hidden.

G

jjgall26 11:39 25 Jul 09

Thanks. I`ve got as far as disk management but when I right click the options are Initialise Disc or New Simple Volume. I`m not at all sure what these mean. Ta.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:05 25 Jul 09

Initialise
and then create a partition
and then format the partition.

New disks appear as Not Initialized. Before you can use a disk, you must first initialize it. If you start Disk Management after adding a disk, the Initialize Disk Wizard appears so you can initialize the disk.

Initializing

The Initializing status is a temporary status that occurs when you convert a basic disk into a dynamic disk. When initialization is complete, the disk's status changes to Healthy.

six-h 15:20 25 Jul 09

bookmarked!

jjgall26 19:34 25 Jul 09

Thanks. Sorry for taking so long to get back. Had to go out. Got it formatted. Thanks a lot!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009