Hard Drive Question

woodchip 13:24 03 Jan 14

I have a Samsung Netbook, according to Windows Explorer I have two Hard Drives C:\ Shows as a normal drive. that as E:/recovery Partition on it, but also as a D:\Drive that shows as a USB drive I take it that this may be a Sata SSD drive.

woodchip 18:30 03 Jan 14

Woolwell 18:47 03 Jan 14

Which model Samsung Netbook? Does it have an SSD?

woodchip 19:12 03 Jan 14

Samsung NC10 the D:\ drive shows as a USB drive in Windows Explorer, n device manage the hard drive shows up as a fugitsu mhz210bh g2

alanrwood 19:40 03 Jan 14

Have you got a memory card inserted in the card reader. I have an NC-10 and don't have this problem. How is the Recovery Drive being shown at all. Are you looking in through the Disk Management facility in Control Panel\Admin Tools.

woodchip 23:10 03 Jan 14

No it does not have a SD card in the drive. The Netbook was new when I bought it, Having a 160Gb hard drive but its not as such Consists as C:\ 88Gb as a normal Disc Drive D:\ 54.9Gb as Icon shows a Memory stick showing as a usb icon, it does not have one in the USB slots its built in as part of the other drive, recovery partition in disc manager is 6.01 Gb this is a Hidden Partition as it does not show in Windows Explore this is a XP home Netbook, was provided with both system restore disc and xp system disc so full install can be done if needed

alanrwood 10:40 04 Jan 14

As I said I have one of these myself although I have swapped out the original 160GB spinner drive and installed a 256GB SSD. There is no SSD installed as a cache drive in this model as supplied new. Also the drive was originally only a C: drive and Recovery partition.

Just for clarity, I was referring to the built in card reader on the front edge about an inch from the right hand edge and with a matching coloured blank card inserted.

If you don't have anything important on the D drive why not just delete the partition and recreate it as a logical partition in the same space. Alternatively copy any important stuff to the C drive or an external USB stick as temporary storage. Reinstalling the whole thingt is a major pain with all the 200 and odd updates that then need installing together with all the programs etc.

Woolwell 12:32 04 Jan 14

The main drive must have been partitioned into C and D drive. Suspect that the symbols for D drive are incorrect. I'm not sure if it came partitioned. Did you partition it?

woodchip 19:31 04 Jan 14

The Drive and Netbook is just as it was Supplied, So if windows is showing some kind of Memory for D:\ then it points to me to a Hybrid drive. Though it is D:\ that shows it as such, it is 55GB for D:\ also the Netbook boots and shuts down Faster than a HP Laptop with a Centrino 2.12Ghz Pentium M that I have. Battery Life for the Netbook is in the order of about 9 hours

Woolwell 15:49 05 Jan 14

Samsung state that the hard drive is a 160GB (5,400rpm S-ATA). Highly unlikely to be a hybrid.

woodchip 19:46 05 Jan 14

Then Why the 55Gb Memory Dongle Icon

As you said, that is what I thought it was until I looked in Windows Explorer or Double Click My Computer ICON where it displays the above drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…