Hard Drive Problem. Is it partioning?

Duncanf 22:28 22 Nov 04

I'm trying to help a friend on the phone. He has an 80GB hard drive Windows XP Home and he's just had the message that his C drive is full.
He's found out the C drive is only 2Gb in size and the D drive has 70Gb available. What can he do please? Will it mean loss of files? Thanks in anticipation.

Duncanf 01:03 23 Nov 04

Still stuck here and I haven't ticked the box yet! Anyone got an idea?

temp003 02:52 23 Nov 04

2GB is way too small a partition for XP. He can use third party partitioning software such as Partition Magic to resize C to make it larger. Or he can start from scratch, back up files he needs to keep on to CD, then boot from the XP CD, delete the existing partitions, re-create new partitions, and reinstall XP.

In the meantime, he might want to disable System Restore to free up disk space as an interim measure.

Danoh 03:11 23 Nov 04

19 or less than 20 Gb is a good target size for XP.

Your problem may be related to these are other threads;

click here

click here

click here

Duncanf 10:20 23 Nov 04

Thanks, Temp003 and Danoh. Those are very helpful and easy to follow suggestions. All info has been passed on and I'm sure there will be success. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…