Hard Drive Problem

Reb 19:42 25 Jul 03

I have a second hard drive attached to the same cable as main, they have both been working fine. Yesterday the second hard drive became almost unobtainable, windows saying it was not formated. When looking at the properties it says the file system is RAW with 0 space, this is incorrect - I'm not sure what this means - in set up at the start it is recognised as tbere correctly.
I suspect total disk failure but would be glad of any ideas or disk recovery software, thanks

jimv7 20:36 25 Jul 03

Disconnect the drive, disconnect cdrom/cdrw, reconnect 2nd drive in place of cd/cdrw and start the computer.

If the drive is working it might give you time to remove your files, if not try a friends puter with the same method.

woodchip 21:20 25 Jul 03

The disc will more than likely work if you format it, but your info will be gone on it. you can just right click the drive and choose format make it a full format

The disc will more than likely work if you format it, but your info will be gone on it. you can just right click the drive and choose format make it a full format

sgtdibble 23:49 25 Jul 03

blimey woodchip is that an echo on your computer :-) Tom

Reb 03:43 26 Jul 03

yes I could try that but it has/had alot of data on it so I would rather try other things before reformat, the drive is only about 6 months old I just dont wanna lose the stuff on it if possible

DieSse 10:02 26 Jul 03

Have a look at this to see if it could help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…