Hard Drive problem?

Boroman 11:39 12 Jul 03

Old mother board give up the ghost so I replaced it with an Aopen AX4GER, the system runs through its bios checks and every thing appears fine, BIOS recognises the hard drive correctly with no problems. However when the system goes to boot there is a stop Screen OxOOOOOO7B.
The system locks and I can go no further.
Is the hard drive Broke or is there something I can do

looks as though the bios is using a different cylinder,head,sector translation .you will need to go into the bios and set it manually with the settings you made a note of from your old machine when it was working,

The Sack 12:49 12 Jul 03

Set the BIOS to LBA

jazzypop 12:52 12 Jul 03

click here - basically it is saying that the Registry entries on your hard drive no longer correspond to the features that are missing (from your old mobo) or it has found (on your new mobo).

Another method would be to start with the XP CD in the drive, and reinstall Windows 'over the top of itself' - this should not result in the loss of ant data, but will allow it to install the drivers it needs for the new hardware (i.e. the motherboard).

jazzypop 12:54 12 Jul 03

Further, recommended reading - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…