Hard Drive problem

and2503 16:04 07 Jan 07

Having built a new computer, when i put my old hard drive in the computer, it comes up with windows was not *!@: down properly, there is varoius options, safe mode, continue to load windows which ever option i choose it comes back to the same screen, i have put the hard drie back into my old computer and the same happens
Has any one any idea what i have done??

SANTOS7 16:19 07 Jan 07

While shutting down, the computer saves some system files, however, due to some reason these system files may not be stored properly. So, the next time when you start Windows the error message shows up..

could try this first..

Boot from the windows XP CD, press the "R" key in the setup in order to start the restoration console. Select your windows XP installation from the list, and enter the administrator password.
Enter the command: "FIXMBR" (without the quotes) at the input prompt and confirm the next question with a "Y" (without the quotes). Use exit to restore the computer.

and2503 20:30 07 Jan 07

Where do i get my admin password from??

VoG II 20:33 07 Jan 07

If you did not have an Administrator password just press Enter.

woodchip 20:37 07 Jan 07

If you used Old drive, Not cleared then it will not start as Drivers are for a different computer hardware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…