Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…
I've recently had a problem with my hard drive and have yet to fix it.
Below is the list of events surrounding the mysterious problem.
1. Surfing on the internet, mouse pointer started to stick and then not move at all – pc hung. Could not ctrl+alt+delete.
2. Switched off and reboot. PC will not boot up. Stays on black screen with the boot options. If any options are selected the pc does nothing. If the timer is alowed to count down, pc does nothing.
3. Decided to boot up from disk and tried to select "R" option from list to repair. PC wouldn't get past the point to get to c prompt.
4. Removed hard drive and switched to my spare hard drive with XP on. Booted up ok and everything worked fine.
5. Connected faulty drive as slave but the same black screen problem occured again.
6. Tried every jumper combination for both the faulty drive and the good one- master, cable select, slave. Whilst the faulty drive is connected, no matter what the jumper combination, the pc never gets past the black screen.
7. Tried the faulty drive in my friends pc. Exactly the same thing happens? Seems whenever the drive is connected to any pc regardless of if it's the primary or secondary drive, it causes the same problem.
Any idea what is going on?
My PC runs windows XP pro, i have SP2 installed, Abit motherboard with highpoint. 512 mb ram. 1.4 ghz athlon AMD processor.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.