Hard drive and partitions

Doire_Bhoy 14:30 02 Sep 05

I have one hard drive...with 2 partitions C and E.
I want to merge the two partitions to make just one...Drive c.....im in disk management...what do i need to do next???

Help please!

woodchip 14:33 02 Sep 05

I think You have been told. You can only do this with payed for software like Partition Magic. Or Acronis Disc Management software. If you do the Above it's on your own head after the help that as been offered. On a new Computer

dan11 14:37 02 Sep 05

As woodchip. It can not be done from disk management.

Even with the correct software, it is tricky. One mistake and all will be lost.

have you had another thread on this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:37 02 Sep 05

You cannot do this from within windows as you are trying to merge the patition with the operating system on.

You will need to use 3rd party software such as partition magic 8 to do anything with your C: drive

Doire_Bhoy 14:39 02 Sep 05

So if only one person answers the first thread im forbidden from posting a fresh question on the same topic?

Doire_Bhoy 14:40 02 Sep 05

I have Partition magic 7 lying around somewhere i'll try and use that

Simsy 14:53 02 Sep 05

Doire_Bhoy, but it's best if you continue to post in the same thread, rather than start a new one.

Just by making another response in the original thread you will bring it back to the top of the list anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…