Hard drive on packard bell

vinnyl 16:48 18 Dec 10

Hi all i have a packard bell imedia mc 1528 and am looking to get a new hard drive for it but cant find a spec list anywhere on the net to tell me what hard drive is compatable with this model any one any ideas on this
thanks in advance

bremner 16:57 18 Dec 10

All 3.5" hdd's

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 18 Dec 10

click here

Download the user guide shows you exactly how to change the drive (you do have the recovery CDs don't you?).

Open the side panel and look at the hard drive front bottom of case large flat cable means IDE drive small thin cable SATA (see user guide)

GaT7 17:03 18 Dec 10

Or, if it's a working PC, just download & run the free SIW click here (lower down). Then look under Hardware > Storage Devices - it'll tell you all about the present hard drive's specs.

Get back with the type of drive & we can suggest a few alternatives. G

vinnyl 17:19 18 Dec 10

its missing the hard drive but i have windows cd got it off a family friend but they wanted hd so just needed to know what s compatable with it so i can buy a new one

onthelimit 17:22 18 Dec 10

That's OK if it's exactly the same as the OS originally installed (the Windows label on the computer will tell you what that was). However, if the OS was an OEM (again, the label will tell you), you won't be able to activate with MS.

onthelimit 17:24 18 Dec 10

Should have added, 'well I couldn't the last time I tried - wouldn't accept the code from the label'.

vinnyl 17:27 18 Dec 10

fruit bat i cant find the user guide on the net thats my prob :)

bremner 17:27 18 Dec 10

From what I saw on the web this machine has both SATA and IDE hence my original answer....

..but it would be best to follow Fruit Bats advice and look at the motherboard to be sure.

If you do choose to have a SATA drive you will need the SATA drivers to hand to be able to load Windows

bremner 17:29 18 Dec 10

Open the case and look for these

SATA click here

IDE click here

vinnyl 17:33 18 Dec 10

cheers guys heading out to work now so will check when i get back and let ye know how i get on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…