Hard drive only half size

the-george 11:36 27 Nov 04

I have just had to do a complete reinstall of ME on a Tiny 1.7.P4 pc using the restoration (image) cd.
Last did this 2 years ago with no problems however this time in my Comp the h/d is only seen as 30Mb not 60.
I fdisked the drive using a ME EBD and it was shown as 60Mb (actually, 57239)and used just one partition as before. The install from image went ok and it loaded all drivers etc.
When I checked with fdisk it showed the partition as 51%. I tried again and checked the partition size before installing from image cd again but with same results. I even tried two partions which showed up fine in fdisk but still only had the one in ME.
The Pc is operating perfectly - using it for this but I want the full h?d size back. Any explanations please?

Rayuk 14:43 27 Nov 04

Did you format the 2nd partion?

Dorsai 15:03 27 Nov 04

One you have set up two partitions with fdisk, two partitions remain. To change back to one, you need to delete the two, and re-partition, using one partition, at 100% of the disk.

A good walkthrough of fdisk click here

the-george 21:16 06 Dec 04

The first time I tried I set up one partition as I had done before so why it only saw half the size I do not know - I have done this many times on lots of PCs without having a problem.
The second time I deliberately set two partitions but, as suggested, forgot to format the second as the restoration disk automatically formats the partition it is going on.
I used fdisk again and set up the extended and logical partition then formatted and all was well.
Thanks for responses.

the-george 21:36 06 Dec 04

I have just totally renstalled ME and all my applications and want to keep the hd as clean as possible. I have noticed that there are already about 8mb of files and folders in the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP folder.
These include things like log files and afew with the TMP ext which I assume are ok to delete. However others are application extensions, DOS batch files,RTP & MTX files,word 2000 setup documents, some appliactions and some dll's.
I suspect some are left there from when application setup programs are run.
Is it safe to delete them all?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…