hard drive not showing up in my computer

ianoxford 23:23 17 Apr 12

hello have installed a second hard drive in my pc, in the bios is shows as primary slave, in the computer management it shows up with a black line at the top which means un allocated, also it says its online when you right click it has 2 options prop ties and help. in device manager it is also showing under hard disk drives and it says it is working. i am running xp home on this computer many thanks

mgmcc 08:02 18 Apr 12

The drive needs to be partitioned and given a drive letter before it will appear in "My Computer". It can then be formatted and used.

In Disk Management ("Start > Run", type diskmgmt.msc and click OK) there should be an option to create a partition in the Unallocated Space or there may be an option to initialise the disk which will partition it, give it a drive letter and format it.

ianoxford 09:07 18 Apr 12

hello

have tried that but it does not give me that option

mgmcc 09:51 18 Apr 12

It isn't behaving as it should in Disk Management.

You could try the free Easeus Partition Master software to see if that will partition and format it.

ianoxford 12:52 18 Apr 12

hello all sorted i was clicking on wrong area clicked on black bar and gave me option to format. was clicking on grey area to left many thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…