Hard Drive Not Showing In BIOS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 24 Oct 04

Failed FUJI HDD. Powers up and spins. Not recognised in BIOS as slave or masteron primary or secondary IDE channels. Other hard drives working ok on same power and IDE cables as slave or master.

Anyone any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 21:03 24 Oct 04

Put it into a freezer bag and into the freezer for the night - try in the morning and it may well work.

josie mayhem 21:05 24 Oct 04

I'm assuming that you have BOIS set to auto detect, try loading it's details in manualy.

You should find the LBA sectors details on the hard drive lable, if not in it's manual.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:06 24 Oct 04

Thought that was for decoding radios? Hope it works on this, I'll see if there are any other suggestions before I try it.

Thanks for the quick reply

Diodorus Siculus 21:06 24 Oct 04

By the way, have you told the BIOS to autodetect it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 24 Oct 04

Tried that previously still wouldn't play.

VoG II 21:08 24 Oct 04

The freezer "trick" is supposed to work - I've read "testimonials". Never had cause to try it myself (touch wood).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:10 24 Oct 04

F3 auto detects all drives CMOS setup in my BIOS forgot to mention Elite motherboard K7S5A.

Diodorus Siculus 21:13 24 Oct 04

When did it work last? Has it been dropped? What were the symptoms of the problem?

Rtus 21:17 24 Oct 04

Try that Hd on its Own IDE & power cable, temp disconnect all other drives even on IDE2 see if Bios finds it now ?

Dan the Confused 21:19 24 Oct 04

What configuration? Sometimes it's best to keep hard drives on one IDE cable and CD-ROMs on the other. Also, it can happen that old HDs don't 'like' newer HDs, esp if by a different make. You could try swapping them round to see if it makes any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…