Hard Drive not recognised

jimje12 19:33 22 Aug 06

Hi, my pc has been working fine but on Sun night froze, on reboot the hard drive wasnt recognised in the bios.
ive tried everything i can think of, even tried a different hard drive in my system
Any ideas?

Jaro 19:40 22 Aug 06

did you try your HD in diferent system just if other system will recognise your HD if yes u can at least back up your data.

ICF 19:44 22 Aug 06

What make of hard drive is it?

jimje12 19:48 22 Aug 06

i havent tried it in another machine yet and its a Hitachi Deskstar 164.7 gb

ICF 20:14 22 Aug 06

Have you tried the Hitache website for diagnostic software for your drive?
Have you tried another cable?

ICF 20:16 22 Aug 06

Hitachi software click here

jimje12 20:41 22 Aug 06

yes i have tried another cable and another power cable but its just dead no lights

Jaro 20:44 22 Aug 06

i dont think its folty hd i think that after crash some system file has been corupted thats why u can not start your system and thats why hd isnt recognised in bios. i would definitely try if your hd work in another machine and than if yes i would do windows repair. you will need original install windows cd. i believe it will help you to get your pc on.

Jaro 20:48 22 Aug 06

here you can read about how to reapir windows installation click here

Jaro 20:50 22 Aug 06

you dont have to worry you will not lose any files or programs on your pc but you will have to aply all updates and patches. just in case if you can, back up all your important data.

jimje12 20:50 22 Aug 06

i tried windows repair but it said i didnt have a hard drive could i put it as a slave in this pc even with another os on it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…