Hard drive , Need Advice !

Antwon221 19:44 03 Jun 06

I understand that puttin all of your my documents folder onto and external hard drive will make your computer run faster, but if i put all of my documents onto a separate partion do the same. I am running windows xp pro and have a 100Gb hard drive.
Please try to answer the question and dont just recommend and external hd straight away. I dont mean to sound pushy.

Thanks for all help

Antwon221 19:47 03 Jun 06

sry i ment but if i put all of my documents onto a separate partion will it do the same

DieSse 20:00 03 Jun 06

*I understand that puttin all of your my documents folder onto and external hard drive will make your computer run faster*

That's not correct - it'll run at the same speed - but might take an almost unnoticeable time longer to load some things from disk.

*if i put all of my documents onto a separate partion will it do the same*

That will make no difference at all.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:02 03 Jun 06

I don't think that putting your "My Documents" folder in a separate partition, or on an external hard drive, will make any difference to your pc's speed at all.

woodchip 22:04 03 Jun 06

Where did you get the info from?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:06 03 Jun 06

Moving the pagefile to a seperate (not external) hard drive will speed it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…