Hard drive , Need Advice !

Antwon221 19:44 03 Jun 06

I understand that puttin all of your my documents folder onto and external hard drive will make your computer run faster, but if i put all of my documents onto a separate partion do the same. I am running windows xp pro and have a 100Gb hard drive.
Please try to answer the question and dont just recommend and external hd straight away. I dont mean to sound pushy.

Thanks for all help

Antwon221 19:47 03 Jun 06

sry i ment but if i put all of my documents onto a separate partion will it do the same

DieSse 20:00 03 Jun 06

*I understand that puttin all of your my documents folder onto and external hard drive will make your computer run faster*

That's not correct - it'll run at the same speed - but might take an almost unnoticeable time longer to load some things from disk.

*if i put all of my documents onto a separate partion will it do the same*

That will make no difference at all.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:02 03 Jun 06

I don't think that putting your "My Documents" folder in a separate partition, or on an external hard drive, will make any difference to your pc's speed at all.

woodchip 22:04 03 Jun 06

Where did you get the info from?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:06 03 Jun 06

Moving the pagefile to a seperate (not external) hard drive will speed it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…