hard drive "missing 45 of 80gb"

nurn 11:05 07 Apr 03

I am running xp pro I was trying to put a slave hard drive on my system.I put the jumper settings to slave turned the computer on, it was found in post and by windows but it was not asigned a drive letter and was unformated(I now know how to do the through disk management dead easy)I remembered that xp formats on new instalation and did this, whilst I was doing this nice and happily I put a couple of partitions in and formated them just before windows was about to be installed I turn my computer off and back on again the new hard drive is working fine but missing 2 partition of aprox 45gb any idea's norton scans and says my D has no problems anyone please help!!!!!!!

pinka 11:51 07 Apr 03

how big is your primary drive , if its about the same size then it sounds like your motherboard doesnt support the ATA133 standard if this is the case then the bios will only see the first 137gb

nurn 12:35 07 Apr 03

pinka-thankyou you are the first to help me but
before I turned it off it did recognise the size 80gb but only when I turned it off did it go down to a 35Gb my motherboard is a jetway v333u just checked the mb manual and it does support ultra ata 133 master hard drive 30gb maxtor slave a 80gb windows did see it a 80gb until I fubar ed it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…