Hard Drive "L" Power Connector

Sebby 20:13 15 Aug 06

This is a bit of a strange request. I have just replaced the power supply in a computer. However, it is somewhat larger than the old supply, and now the DVD drive cannot go back enough to be flush with the front of the case due to it hitting the PSU.

Is there such thing as an "L" shape power adaptor? The power plug accounts for quite a bit of space behind the DVD drive, and if there's some kind of "L" shape adaptor, I reckon the drive will go back enough.

Many thanks in advance.

amonra 20:50 15 Aug 06

Can you drop the DVD drive down to a lower slot ?
I had a similar problem some time ago and had to re-jig all the drives and eventually lose the floppy.

Sebby 22:39 15 Aug 06

Unfortunately not. There's only 2 slots and they're both by the PSU.

De Marcus™ 22:48 15 Aug 06

Without spending too long on google I came across something that may work, a 90 degree molex should give you a bit more space, they're often used in small form factor cases where space is a premium. click here

DieSse 23:00 15 Aug 06

*Is there such thing as an "L" shape power adaptor?*

Yes there is - I've actually seen some. But I can't find any on the web right now.

DieSse 23:09 15 Aug 06

I spent ages looking and didn't find those :-(

De Marcus™ 23:41 16 Aug 06

lol, did you use the term 90 degrees' in your search terms?

Sebby 23:52 16 Aug 06

I'm not sure if they are exactly what I'm looking for (I can't tell from the picture). I'll give them a call tomorrow. :-)

Sebby 23:54 16 Aug 06

I've just found this site - click here - and I think this is actually what that product sold by Fleetwood Computers is, so not what I'm looking for. :-(

Sebby 00:02 17 Aug 06

Okay, some success - click here.

DieSse 00:05 17 Aug 06

If your objective is a shorter power connector, with cables that go off at 90º - then it's exactly what you need.

I know they're using them for a slightly different application in your link - but you can also use them just how you need too - just look at the pics and you'll spot how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced