hard drive issue

ba2dmi 18:20 24 Jul 08

i have two hard drive c drive and a j drive. I can open the c drive fine and i can see all of my folders. However when i go to the j drive and try to open it it takes me to a box that says open with.

I have recently removed a virus from this drive and ever since this has been removed im unable to open the drive

any suggestion.

Cheers

BurrWalnut 19:02 24 Jul 08

Presumably XP?

Try this, right-click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management, right-click the ā€˜Jā€™ drive graphic and change the drive letter to one nearer the end of the alphabet, say, T. You can always change it back.

martjc 20:29 24 Jul 08

...remove the j drive from the system, then switch on the pc. Check all of your existing drives - I assume you have optical drives and card readers etc taking up letters from d to i.

If all seems o.k. put the drive back in and see if it acquires a different drive letter. If it does try accessing it now. you may be surprised.

ba2dmi 11:06 25 Jul 08

sorry yeah im on xp but dont know who to do the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…