hard drive install problem

epic 14:51 31 Jan 03

I am trying to install 3gbhd (win98 upgrade installed) as a master and use exsisting 1gbhd as slave. 3gb won't boot up error message says gdi.exe missing re-instal windows 98. How can I do this.
With 1gb as master and 3gb as slave I can get into 3gb.

Diemmess 15:24 31 Jan 03

Not entirely clear what runs and what does not....

If you want to run the 3Gb HD as master, but it won't boot and there is no data you want on there, then the simplest way is to connect it as master, and disconnect the 1Gb HD (for safety).......

Then Format the 3Gb (wiping it) and do a brand new fresh installation of Win 98.

Please - first make sure you have every CD for motherboard, drivers, and apps.

Switcher 15:41 31 Jan 03

Use Ghost to clone from 1GB to 3GB.

Then change jumpers to make 3GB Master 1GB slave.

Then format 1GB to give clean slave drive.

woodchip 15:44 31 Jan 03

take the cable of your old drive, then try boot or install of 98 on the new drive. then refit your old drive

woodchip 15:45 31 Jan 03

PS do not forget jumpers and auto detect in cmos

pj123 15:48 31 Jan 03

not sure what your intentions are but if you want the 3gb as the master and the 1gb as a slave try this.

change your 1gb to master and the 3gb to slave. reboot your computer and then go to start run and type in:

xcopy c:\*.* /e/h/k/r/c d: (note the spaces between *.* and /e and the space between /c and d:)

when that has finished change the 3gb to master and 1gb to slave and reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…