//some 3rd party need geo

Hard drive info

The Sheep 14:32 15 Sep 03

I'm considering fitting an additional hard drive to my PC and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good website/article that would guide me through the process from selection to installation. Cheers.

plankton 14:38 15 Sep 03

I did this yesterday.

Choosing depends on what your system is and how big a disk it can take (for the BIOS and/or operating system), and what you want to use it for.

All the major manufactures (Maxtor/Western Digital/Seagate etc) have excellent websites, all with software you can download to assist with the set-up. This includes instructions for physically adding the drive. Make you choice and do exactly what it says on the tin. You shouldnt go far wrong.

plankton 14:39 15 Sep 03

P.S I chose a Seagate 80Gb Barracuda.....

MAJ 14:41 15 Sep 03

Don't choose an IBM/Hitachi drive, they're not reliable. As plankton says get a Maxtor, Seagate or Western Digital drive.

SEASHANTY 15:24 15 Sep 03

This website has some independent info on fitting hard drives. click here
I use Maxtor drives for preference. If you purchase
one of their OEM drives (cheaper than retail boxed), you can download their drive installation software and also drive diagnostic software. That's Maxblast
III and Powermax.

The Sheep 21:09 15 Sep 03

cheers for the info. Appreciate it.

powerless 21:11 15 Sep 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…