Hard Drive Image

Inzomniac 21:54 24 May 06

I recently sensed a hard drive failure coming, so I created an image of it to my slave drive. As I thought, the drive soon failed. "Lucky me for having the fore thought to back-up".....I thought with a smug grin on my face :-)
Ever heard the words "Pride before a fall"? Well, that was a perfect example of it, as, after buying a new master hard-disk, I, ummmm, forgot what program I had used to create the image on my D drive. So now I am stuck with an image that I do not know how to recover :-( After right clicking on it and selecting "Properties" to see what file type it is, it just says "File", so not much help to me there then eh?
Can anyone recommend a way of recovering this image, or at least a way of discovering what program I used to create it? PLEASE!!!
Thanks fellow users :-)

VoG II 21:59 24 May 06

How could you forget what imaging software you used? Possibly Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost. If so you would have the disks.

woodchip 21:59 24 May 06

If you still have the old drive, put it back in and try to recover the drive. What happened to it?

Inzomniac 22:02 24 May 06

Thanks VoG, I'm not entirely sure, but I know for sure it wasnt either of those, as I dont have them. I have a suspicion that it might have been roxio creator 8, but not sure. Isnt there a program which will tell me?

woodchip 22:03 24 May 06

Could it have been one of the Imging tools on click here down bottom right of page

Inzomniac 22:05 24 May 06

I dunno woodchip, was just playing up alot, crashing every few hours, taking an eternity to boot etc. And yes, i did run AV programs and spyware progs on it, then after a while it just failed to do anything ;-( I know whatever program I used is on the image, but useless to me unless I can see what it is.

Inzomniac 22:06 24 May 06

was none of those progs sorry, but isnt there a sort of generic recovery tool which will recover images created by a variety of back-up programs?

VoG II 22:09 24 May 06

I'm sorry but I smell a rat here.

If you use a backup program, you know what it is/was.

If you are trying to bust somebody's backup, you are in the wrong place.

Longhouse 22:09 24 May 06

Could this help?

click here

Inzomniac 22:13 24 May 06

Well, yr wrong sorry VoG. And if I cld see what was on the image, then I wld be able to tell, eh? I probably had a couple of different back-up proggys on there, but unless I cld see it, then I dont know what it is, do I? Has Roxio EMC 8 got a back-up utility on it? As I said before, I have an inkling it might have been that.

woodchip 22:13 24 May 06

As above try to get the old drive going

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…